STONE BLISS STUDIO

STONE BLISS STUDIO
Earth's Glittering Bounty At Your Doorstep

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post Pottery Tour


Mr. Floyds work station
 I had been planning to go to this event for some time. I invited a friend to go with me but  there was a death in the family so I had no one to go with on such short notice. Lovely Kim volunteered to be my driver. We went around in circles trying to find some of the studios. I'm not sure I would be able to find them again on my own. Well, maybe if I would have went by the map, I tried getting there from off of the main path.  We managed to find 5 by 5:00.
Our first stop was Brush Valley Pottery. I am so glad we began here because it set the tone for the rest of our excursion. The atmosphere there was great.So peaceful and quiet. A great place to let creativity flow, and it definitely shows in Josh Floyds work. Kim made sure I know everything a potter knows. Still yet, I know nothing about making pottery except I love it. I saw a chair that looked different than any chair I'd seen before.I felt ridiculous when I was told it was a potters chair. I guess I always pictured a potter on a wooden stool. That wouldn't be very comfortable. I just wasn't expecting a bright white leather chair with black and blue stripes!



Mr. Floyds kiln
 Our next stop was East Creek Studio. Another breezy setting.  I tried to look around but there were too many people. Kim does a quick run through and is ready for the next place. (unless he starts talking to people.) 
Anyhow, I'm not sure which place was which after the first one because we kept getting lost.We found Windblown Studio, Wild Apple Pond Studio, Smicksburg Pottery and Little Mahoning Creek Pottery. When we finally got to Smicksburg, we were starving! I was wishing some of the potters would have been cooking hot dogs! All in all, it was fun.There are some busy, creative hands in Indiana County! Their creations blessed my day.

Not sure which place this was, Wild Apple or East Creek Studio






Windblown Studio

Antique potters wheel, Windblown Studio



Mr. Floyds Art


Mr. floyds art, and my favorite piece


Smicksburg Pottery Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment